AWS Software Development Kit
- How to get started with the Java SDK https://docs.aws.amazon.com/sdk-for-java/v1/developer-guide/signup-create-iam-user.html
- AWS SDK for Java Tips and Tricks https://aws.amazon.com/articles/aws-sdk-for-java-tips-and-tricks/
- Amazon Corretto https://aws.amazon.com/corretto/ is a no-cost, multiplatform, production-ready distribution of the Open Java Development Kit (OpenJDK).
- Amazon Ion http://amzn.github.io/ion-docs/ is a superset of JSON offering binary and text representations.
- Learn Python on AWS Workshop https://learn-to-code.workshop.aws/ will teach you the basics of the python programming language using Amazon Web Services
- Boto3 (Python) SDK Documentation https://boto3.readthedocs.io/en/latest/guide/quickstart.html
Best Practices for Developing Cloud Applications
- Developing for the cloud: How developing in the cloud is different https://www.theserverside.com/feature/Developing-for-the-Cloud-How-Developing-in-the-Cloud-is-Different from theserverside.com
- Cloud development: 9 gotchas to know before you jump in https://www.infoworld.com/article/2683270/development-environments/cloud-development–9-gotchas-to-know-before-you-jump-in.html – InfoWorld from IDG.
- Twelve-Factor App methodology https://12factor.net/ guide for building software as a service (SaaS) application.
- Domain Driven Design https://www.amazon.com/dp/0321125215/ approach to software development.
- Bounded Context https://martinfowler.com/bliki/BoundedContext.html is a central pattern in Domain-Driven Design.
- Declarative Programming: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Declarative_programming
- Beyond the Twelve-Factor App https://www.oreilly.com/library/view/beyond-the-twelve-factor/9781492042631/
- Selenium https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Selenium_(software) portable framework for testing web applications.
- Domain-Driven Design Distilled https://www.amazon.co.uk/Domain-Driven-Design-Distilled-Vaughn-Vernon/dp/0134434420/
AWS DevOps Model Defined https://aws.amazon.com/devops/what-is-devops/
Continuous Integration and Delivery (CI/CD)
- Quick Start Serverless CI/CD for the enterprise on AWS https://aws.amazon.com/quickstart/architecture/serverless-cicd-for-enterprise/
- What is continuous integration? https://aws.amazon.com/devops/continuous-integration
- What is continuous delivery? https://aws.amazon.com/devops/continuous-delivery/
- Practicing Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery on AWS https://d1.awsstatic.com/whitepapers/DevOps/practicing-continuous-integration-continuous-delivery-on-AWS.pdf Accelerating Software Delivery with DevOps
- 10 Deploys Per Day: Dev and Ops Cooperation at Flickr https://www.slideshare.net/jallspaw/10-deploys-per-day-dev-and-ops-cooperation-at-flickr
- Automation and DevOps Workflow http://pages.chef.io/rs/255-VFB-268/images/automation-and-the-devops-workflow.pdf
- Jenkins on AWS https://d1.awsstatic.com/whitepapers/jenkins-on-aws.pdf White Paper.
- Chef Downloads https://downloads.chef.io/ for Chef Development Kit.
- Packer Templates for building AMI https://www.packer.io/docs/templates/index.html
Infrastructure as Code
- AWS Cloud Development Kit (AWS CDK) Workshop https://cdkworkshop.com/
- TaskCat https://github.com/aws-quickstart/taskcat deploys your AWS CloudFormation template in multiple AWS Regions and generates a report with a pass/fail grade for each region.
- Integration Testing http://softwaretestingfundamentals.com/integration-testing/
- WireMock http://wiremock.org/ is a simulator for HTTP-based APIs. Some might consider it a service virtualization tool or a mock server.
- Optimizing Network Performance for Amazon EC2 Instances https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWiwuYtIgu0 AWS re:Invent 2018: [REPEAT 1] (CMP308-R1)
- Best Practices in Evaluating Elastic Load Balancing https://aws.amazon.com/articles/best-practices-in-evaluating-elastic-load-balancing/
- Bees with Machine Guns https://github.com/newsapps/beeswithmachineguns A utility for arming (creating) many bees (micro EC2 instances) to attack (load test) targets (web applications).
- Netflix Chaos Monkey https://github.com/Netflix/chaosmonkey is a resiliency tool that helps applications tolerate random instance failures.
- Docker Bench Test https://github.com/alexei-led/docker-bench-test is a Bats test set that contains tests for dozens of common best practices around deploying Docker containers in production.
- Distributed Load Testing on AWS https://aws.amazon.com/solutions/implementations/distributed-load-testing-on-aws/– AWS Solutions
- Postman Reference https://learning.getpostman.com/reference/
Containers and Microservices
- Running Containers on AWS using Amazon ECS and AWS Fargate https://containersonaws.com/ this guide is designed to help you get started with Docker containers on Amazon ECS and AWS Fargate quickly and easily.
- Amazon ECS Workshop for AWS Fargate https://ecsworkshop.com/ configure GitHub, CodePipeline, CodeBuild, VPC, ALB, ECS, Autoscaling, and log aggregation using a framework called Mu to launch microservices on AWS Elastic Container Service.
- Amazon EKS Workshop https://eksworkshop.com/ explore multiple ways to configure VPC, ALB, and EC2 Kubernetes workers, and Amazon Elastic Container Service for Kubernetes.
- Hands-on Workshops for Serverless Computing https://aws.amazon.com/serverless-workshops/
- Firecracker, a New Virtualization Technology and Open Source Project for Running Multi-Tenant Container Workloads https://firecracker-microvm.github.io/
- AWS App Mesh https://aws.amazon.com/app-mesh/ is a service mesh that provides application-level networking to make it easy for your services to communicate with each other across multiple types of compute infrastructure.
- AWS Cloud Map https://aws.amazon.com/blogs/aws/aws-cloud-map-easily-create-and-maintain-custom-maps-of-your-applications/– Easily create and maintain custom maps of your applications
- Blox https://blox.github.io/ is a collection of open source projects for container management and orchestration on Amazon ECS
- AWS Copilot https://aws.amazon.com/containers/copilot/ a command CLI that enables customers to launch and manage containerized applications on AWS including pushing to a registry, creating a task definition, and creating a cluster.
Container enabled Microservices
- Amazon Elastic Container Service Agent https://github.com/aws/amazon-ecs-agent is a component of Amazon Elastic Container Service (Amazon ECS) and is responsible for managing containers on behalf of Amazon ECS.
- Blox https://blox.github.io/ is a collection of open-source projects for container management and orchestration on Amazon ECS
- Amazon Elastic Container Service Developer Guide https://docs.aws.amazon.com/AmazonECS/latest/developerguide/Welcome.html
- Docker Compose https://docs.docker.com/compose/
- AWS::CloudFormation::Init Documentation https://docs.aws.amazon.com/AWSCloudFormation/latest/UserGuide/aws-resource-init.html
- CIS (Centre for Internet Security) Benchmarks for Securing Docker https://www.cisecurity.org/benchmark/docker/
- Twistlock: Container Security & Cloud Native Security https://www.twistlock.com/
Serverless and AWS Lambda
- AWS Serverless Application Model (AWS SAM) prescribes rules for expressing Serverless applications on AWS. https://github.com/awslabs/serverless-application-model
- AWS Serverless Application Model Developer Guide https://docs.aws.amazon.com/serverless-application-model/latest/developerguide/what-is-sam.html
- AWS Serverless Application Model Quick Start https://docs.aws.amazon.com/serverless-application-model/latest/developerguide/serverless-quick-start.html
- How to use AWS Lambda Deployment Package in Python https://docs.aws.amazon.com/lambda/latest/dg/lambda-python-how-to-create-deployment-package.html
- CloudFront Events That Can Trigger a Lambda Function https://docs.aws.amazon.com/AmazonCloudFront/latest/DeveloperGuide/lambda-cloudfront-trigger-events.html
- Lambda@Edge Example Functions https://docs.aws.amazon.com/AmazonCloudFront/latest/DeveloperGuide/lambda-examples.html
- Serverless Application Repository https://serverlessrepo.aws.amazon.com/#/applications
API Gateway and Step Functions
- Amazon API Gateway Limits and Known Issues https://docs.aws.amazon.com/apigateway/latest/developerguide/limits.html
Internet of Things (IoT) Mobile and Robotics
- AWS RoboMaker https://aws.amazon.com/robomaker/ makes it easy to develop, test, and deploy intelligent robotics applications at scale. It extends Robot Operating System (ROS), with connectivity to cloud services.
- AWS IoT SiteWise https://aws.amazon.com/iot-sitewise/ makes it easy to collect and organize your data from industrial equipment at scale.
- AWS Amplify https://aws.amazon.com/amplify/ makes it easy to create, configure, and implement scalable mobile applications