To build within AWS, we need to create Conceptual-Logical-Technical Architectures which incorporate Security, Monitoring and Non-Functional-Requirements. Architecture Centre https://aws.amazon.com/architecture/ and,
AWS Perspective https://aws.amazon.com/solutions/implementations/aws-perspective/– visualization tool that quickly generates architecture diagrams of AWS Cloud workloads.
The following categories and links are key areas within AWS Architecting including:
1-Well Architected Framework
4-Scalable and Automated Solutions
6-DNS, Private Link
8-Caching and CDN
1-Well Architected Framework
- AWS Well-Architected Framework https://aws.amazon.com/architecture/well-architected/ has been developed to help cloud architects build the most secure, high-performing, resilient, and efficient infrastructure possible for their applications.
- Map of the Well Architected Framework https://wa.aws.amazon.com/map.html is clickable to enable you to explore the concepts.
- AWS Well-Architected Tool https://aws.amazon.com/well-architected-tool/ helps you review the state of your workloads and compares them to the latest AWS architectural best practices.
- Architecting Best Practices White Papers https://aws.amazon.com/whitepapers/architecting-for-the-aws-cloud-best-practices/
2-Cloud Adoption and Migration
- Cloud Centre of Excellence https://aws.amazon.com/blogs/enterprise-strategy/tag/ccoe/ AWS Cloud Enterprise Strategy Blog
- Using a Cloud Centre of Excellence (CCOE) to Transform the Entire Enterprise https://aws.amazon.com/blogs/enterprise-strategy/using-a-cloud-center-of-excellence-ccoe-to-transform-the-entire-enterprise/
- Create a Cloud Centre of Excellence https://docs.aws.amazon.com/aws-technical-content/latest/cost-optimization-laying-the-foundation/cloud-center-of-excellence.html
- Why a Cloud Centre of Excellence Matters https://aws.amazon.com/blogs/publicsector/key-findings-from-cloud-leaders-why-a-cloud-center-of-excellence-matters/– Key Findings from Cloud Leaders
- The AWS Cloud Adoption Framework https://aws.amazon.com/professional-services/CAF/ created by AWS Professional Services to help organizations develop efficient and effective plans for their cloud adoption journey.
- 6 Strategies for Migrating Applications to the Cloud https://aws.amazon.com/blogs/enterprise-strategy/6-strategies-for-migrating-applications-to-the-cloud/
- Best Practices in Planning a Large-Scale Migration to AWS https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcgBAUBtFA8 2017 AWS Online Tech Talks.
3-Global AWS Infrastructure
- Global Infrastructure https://aws.amazon.com/about-aws/global-infrastructure/ The Most Extensive, Reliable, and Secure Global Cloud Infrastructure. http://www.infrastructure.aws/
- AWS Datacentres https://aws.amazon.com/compliance/data-center/
4-Building Scalable Automated Solutions
- Service Auto Scaling https://docs.aws.amazon.com/AmazonECS/latest/developerguide/service-auto-scaling.html or Amazon Elastic Container Service
- EC2 Auto Scaling Groups Multiple Instance Types & Purchase Options https://aws.amazon.com/blogs/aws/new-ec2-auto-scaling-groups-with-multiple-instance-types-purchase-options/
- CloudFormation Drift Detection https://aws.amazon.com/blogs/aws/new-cloudformation-drift-detection/
- Building AWS CloudFormation Templates Using CloudFormer https://aws.amazon.com/blogs/devops/building-aws-cloudformation-templates-using-cloudformer/
5-Virtual Private Cloud (VPC)
- Building a Scalable and Secure Multi-VPC AWS Network Infrastructure https://d1.awsstatic.com/whitepapers/building-a-scalable-and-secure-multi-vpc-aws-network-infrastructure.pdf
- Extend Your IT Infrastructure with Amazon Virtual Private Cloud https://d1.awsstatic.com/whitepapers/extend-your-it-infrastructure-with-amazon-vpc.pdf
- Use an AWS Transit Gateway to Simplify Your Network Architecture https://aws.amazon.com/blogs/aws/new-use-an-aws-transit-gateway-to-simplify-your-network-architecture/
- AWS Global Accelerator https://aws.amazon.com/blogs/aws/new-aws-global-accelerator-for-availability-and-performance/ is a network service that enables organizations to seamlessly route traffic to multiple regions and improve availability and performance for their end users.
- AWS Global Accelerator Speed Comparison https://speedtest.globalaccelerator.aws/#/
- AWS Transit Gateway & Transit VPCs, Ref Arch for Many VPCs https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ar6sLmJ45xs AWS re:Invent 2018 Launch.
- AWS Transit Gateway https://aws.amazon.com/transit-gateway/
- AWS Control Tower https://aws.amazon.com/controltower/ automates the set-up of a baseline environment, or landing zone, that is a secure, well-architected multi-account AWS environment.
- Enabling Enhanced Networking with the Elastic Network Adapter (ENA) on Linux Instances https://docs.aws.amazon.com/AWSEC2/latest/UserGuide/enhanced-networking-ena.html
- Integrating external multicast services with AWS https://aws.amazon.com/blogs/networking-and-content-delivery/integrating-external-multicast-services-with-aws/
6-DNS and PrivateLink
- DNS Resolution Between On-Premises Networks and AWS https://aws.amazon.com/blogs/security/how-to-set-up-dns-resolution-between-on-premises-networks-and-aws-using-aws-directory-service-and-amazon-route-53/
- DNS Resolution Between On-Premises Networks and AWS Using Microsoft Active Directory https://aws.amazon.com/blogs/security/how-to-set-up-dns-resolution-between-on-premises-networks-and-aws-using-aws-directory-service-and-microsoft-active-directory/
- Using AWS PrivateLink Integrations to Access SaaS Solutions from APN Partners https://aws.amazon.com/blogs/apn/using-aws-privatelink-integrations-to-access-saas-solutions-from-apn-partners/
7-Load Balancing and Route 53
LB is essentially for scalability and security. You can have Application LBs or Network LBs (or both).
- AWS Elastic Load Balancer Demos https://exampleloadbalancer.com/ by the AWS Load Balancing team.
R53 DNS failover schema explained.
- Amazon Route 53 Resolver for Hybrid Clouds https://aws.amazon.com/blogs/aws/new-amazon-route-53-resolver-for-hybrid-clouds/
8-Caching and Content Delivery Network (CloudFront)
CloudFront content delivery network to cache the content close to end users. Often used with WAF.
- How CloudFront Delivers Content https://docs.aws.amazon.com/AmazonCloudFront/latest/DeveloperGuide/HowCloudFrontWorks.html
- First Steps for Modelling Relational Data in DynamoDB https://docs.aws.amazon.com/amazondynamodb/latest/developerguide/bp-modeling-nosql.html
- Amazon DynamoDB Deep Dive: Advanced Design Patterns (DAT403-R1) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yqfmXiZTlM AWS re:Invent 2019
- Amazon DynamoDB On-Demand https://aws.amazon.com/blogs/aws/amazon-dynamodb-on-demand-no-capacity-planning-and-pay-per-request-pricing/ No Capacity Planning and Pay-Per-Request Pricing.
- Amazon DynamoDB Transactions https://aws.amazon.com/blogs/aws/new-amazon-dynamodb-transactions/ provide atomicity, consistency, isolation, and durability (ACID) across one or more tables within a single AWS account and region.
- Amazon Quantum Ledger Database (QLDB) https://aws.amazon.com/qldb/ is a fully managed ledger database that provides a transparent, immutable, and cryptographically verifiable transaction log owned by a central trusted authority.
- Amazon Timestream https://aws.amazon.com/timestream/ is a fast, scalable, fully managed time series database service for IoT and operational applications that makes it easy to store and analyse trillions of events per day at 1/10th the cost of relational databases.
- How Aurora Serverless Works https://docs.amazonaws.cn/en_us/AmazonRDS/latest/AuroraUserGuide/aurora-serverless.how-it-works.html
- Using the Data API for Aurora Serverless https://docs.aws.amazon.com/AmazonRDS/latest/AuroraUserGuide/data-api.html
- Using Database Activity Streams with Aurora PostgreSQL https://docs.aws.amazon.com/AmazonRDS/latest/AuroraUserGuide/DBActivityStreams.html
- Amazon S3 Block Public Access https://aws.amazon.com/blogs/aws/amazon-s3-block-public-access-another-layer-of-protection-for-your-accounts-and-buckets/ Another Layer of Protection for Your Accounts and Buckets
- Using Amazon S3 Block Public Access https://docs.aws.amazon.com/AmazonS3/latest/dev/access-control-block-public-access.html
- How Do I Block Public Access to S3 Buckets? https://docs.aws.amazon.com/AmazonS3/latest/user-guide/block-public-access.html
- AWS DataSync https://aws.amazon.com/datasync/
- New – Amazon FSx for Windows File Server https://aws.amazon.com/blogs/aws/new-amazon-fsx-for-windows-file-server-fast-fully-managed-and-secure/
- New – Amazon FSx for Lustre https://aws.amazon.com/blogs/aws/new-amazon-fsx-for-lustre/ Based on the mature and popular Lustre open source project, Amazon FSx for Lustre is a highly parallel file system that supports sub-millisecond access to petabyte-scale file systems.
11-Microservices and Serverless Architectures
- Running Containers on AWS using Amazon ECS and AWS Fargate https://containersonaws.com/ this guide is designed to help you get started with Docker containers on Amazon ECS and AWS Fargate quickly and easily.
- Amazon ECS Workshop for AWS Fargate https://ecsworkshop.com/ configure GitHub, CodePipeline, CodeBuild, VPC, ALB, ECS, Autoscaling, and log aggregation using a framework called Mu to launch microservices on AWS Elastic Container Service.
- Amazon EKS Workshop https://eksworkshop.com/ explore multiple ways to configure VPC, ALB, and EC2 Kubernetes workers, and Amazon Elastic Container Service for Kubernetes.
- Hands-on Workshops for Serverless Computing https://aws.amazon.com/serverless-workshops/
12-Other Architecture Resources
- Best Practices for Organizational Units with AWS Organization https://aws.amazon.com/blogs/mt/best-practices-for-organizational-units-with-aws-organizations/
- Trusted Advisor https://www.amazonaws.cn/en/support/trustedadvisor/faq/ further information.
- AWS Resource Access Manager https://aws.amazon.com/blogs/aws/new-aws-resource-access-manager-cross-account-resource-sharing/ Cross-Account Resource Sharing
- Introducing AWS Global Accelerator and Elastic Fabric Adapter https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJ2LnuMABKg
- AWS License Manager https://aws.amazon.com/license-manager/
- AWS App Mesh https://aws.amazon.com/app-mesh/ Monitor and Control Microservices
- AWS Cloud Map https://aws.amazon.com/cloud-map/ Service discovery for cloud resources
- AWS Workshops https://workshops.aws/ hands-on events designed to teach or introduce practical skills, techniques, or concepts which you can use to solve business problems.